30 Apr CCTV Camera – Interesting Facts
CCTV cameras are extensively used in organizations, institutions, shopping malls, banks, casinos, airports and homes and have become an indispensable security tool for scrutinizing people and activities. They are used for video surveillance and monitoring for providing high-end security. They have become an integral part of public places, business organizations, and residential areas as well. These cameras transfer captured images via a cable or wireless adapter to the PC or monitor. The footage can be used as evidence and for other security purposes as well.
Here are some interesting facts
* The first CCTV camera was installed in Germany for observing the launch of V2 rocket at Test Stand VII. Walter Bruch, a German engineer was responsible for the entire installation and design of this system.
* It is believed that in the next five years the use of these cameras will escalate by 10 times in UK. Some places in UK have installed talking CCTV, where the operator can talk to the people they monitor.
* The basic technology used in these cameras is CCD (Charge Coupled Device) which converts the captured images into electronic impulses.
* According to a research, the average citizen is caught about 300 times a day on a CCTV camera.
* Approx 25 million these cameras are operating around the world.
* It is believed that 67% burglary incidents will get reduced by installing these cameras. Although just 9% of the consumers actually have CCTV.
* Singapore airport has the largest CCTV system in the world with 3000 cameras.
* Almost all bank cash machines use these cameras
* UK has the maximum number of these cameras per head of population, about one camera for 14 people. And, in all UK has 4 million these cameras that is 20% of the World’s total CCTV camera installations.
* Harrods London has 500 these cameras installed and Brussels airport is testing about 700 digital cameras.